Before Your Wedding
The first step is to check our availability on your day. Click here to find out if your date is open. If we are available, we are more than happy to meet with you at our studio, or chat with you on the phone to answer any questions you may have.
Once we have determined our availability, we will send you and email with information on pricing, and creating a contract . Answer a few questions and your contract will instantly arrive via email. Simply print the contract, sign it, and return it to our studio. Once we receive your contract and retainer fee, the date is yours!
We realize that booking a wedding photographer is a huge decision. If you have any questions, please feel free to call any time. You can reach our studio during regular business hours by calling 716.338.9888.
While our studio is based in Jamestown, NY, we will travel anywhere to photograph a wedding. We have photographed weddings in Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Pittsburgh, Erie, Dayton, and Orlando (to name a few).
First, click here to check our availability. If we are available, we will send you more information regarding our pricing.
Weddings coverage starts around $2500.
We typically ask for 1/2 of the shooting fee to reserve our services for your wedding. If this is not possible, we will set up a payment plan to meet your needs.
As soon as you know your date and venue, you should book your photographer. Many of our clients book us more than a year in advance, while others book much closer to their date.
Yes…if you hire him, of course. Rob is always the lead photographer at weddings.
Each photography package comes with a credit ranging from $100 to $300. When you create your contract, you have the option to purchase an additional credit. If you know you will want to purchase prints as gifts, etc., purchasing a print credit provides a huge savings! This credit can only be purchased at the time you submit your contract.
You can purchase a $200 credit for $150, a $300 credit for $200, or a $500 for $375.
There are a few things we will need from you to insure everything runs smoothly on your big day.
- The schedule of events-Please email us a detailed itinerary of your day, including all of the addresses of various shooting locations, and a few emergency contact phone numbers.
- Formal Pictures-If you would like to have formal pictures taken in the church (or outside) after the ceremony, please provide us with a list of photographs you would like to have taken. This will prevent forgetting photos, and will help us to get your crowd to the reception faster.
- Payment-Please make sure your account is paid in full before you walk down the aisle.
- The Phone Call-The week of your wedding, please call us to talk through your day. (716.338.9888)
Your Wedding Day
Listed below are a few suggestions for getting great wedding photographs:
Think about the light…
- Light is one of the most important parts of a great photograph. If possible, get ready for your wedding in a room with some natural light. Hotel rooms with a big window, or a house with plenty of windows work well. Try to avoid places like church basements, in which florescent lighting is almost always used. Florescent lighting is not kind to photographs.
- If you are getting married in the winter, remember what time it gets dark. If your ceremony is at 3pm, it may be dark by the time your ceremony is over…which puts the kibosh on outdoor pictures.
The small details…
- If possible, your flowers should be delivered to your “getting ready” location. This way, the ladies will have flowers for their photographs before the wedding.
- The “getting ready” time is a great time for me to photograph the rings. If you can, keep the rings with the ladies in the morning. (Trust me, don’t let the guys be in charge of the rings.)
- Please ask your officiant if there are any rules for photographers in the church. Some churches don’t let the photographer move once the ceremony starts. Others encourage the photographer to move as needed to capture the ceremony.
- If you plan on having a receiving line, leave plenty of time! I’ve photographed weddings in which the receiving line ate up all of the formal picture time.
- If you would like to take formal family pictures after the ceremony, please make a list of who you want pictures of. This will make the photos go very quickly. Start with any older family members, then parents/extended family, and save the bridal party for last.
Bridal Party Portraits…
- While your guests head to the reception and cocktail hour, the bridal party can venture off to a location for fun, relaxed portraits. Locations that mean something to you make the images more special. It is important to have a back-up plan incase of rain.
- Your wedding day will no doubt be one of the most fun days of your life. With the number of people involved in your day, something is bound to go wrong. At one wedding I photographed, the power went out at the beginning of the reception, and stayed off the entire night. While this would have been considered a disaster by most brides, the bride that night made the best of it and had a GREAT time! There is no need to stress about things you can’t control. When you are relaxed, you will look your best!
We work very fast. We like to spend no more than 30 minutes in the church for formal pictures. If you want to take full bridal party pictures at a different location, like a park or golf course, allow about an hour. You may want to leave a little extra time for the unexpected, like golfers who refuse to move, limo flat tires, etc.
After Your Wedding
Depending on the photography package you select, you will have a credit ranging from $100-$300. You may use this credit on any product we offer:
- Signature prints – You can use your credit to purchase pictures in various sizes from our shopping cart. All of the images you purchase from our cart are shipped to your door and are professionally retouched.
- Proofs – You can use your credit to purchase proofs. Proofs are 4×6 printed photos with no watermark. The proofs are loose (not in a book) and are not retouched. (They will be printed exactly as they appear in our online gallery.) Proofs are 60 cents each. If you have a $300 credit, you can purchase 500 proofs at no cost. If you have 900 images in your gallery and you want a proof of each picture, you can use your $300 credit towards 500 and pay 60 cents each for the remaining 400. So, all 900 proofs would cost $240.
- Albums – You can use your credit towards the purchase of an album.
Printed proofs are 4×6 prints that are not retouched. They will be printed exactly as they appear in your online gallery.
To select the images from you gallery you want printed proofs of, log into your online account, and click the “heart” icon to add them to your favorites. When you are finished adding all of the images, send us an email to let us know. Also send us your address (since many couples move right after the wedding).
If you have already added images to your favorites, and you don’t want to lose them, simply create a new account. Use this new account to select your “proof” images. Instead of using your real name, use a name like:
First Name: Sally and Joe
Last Name: Proofs
Make sure you let us know your “new” account name so we can find your favorites.
Every wedding we photograph is posted online. Your gallery can be password protected if desired. Our online store provides an easy way for you, along with friends and family, to view and purchase photos.
Our online gallery is here. Feel free to look around at other weddings posted in the gallery.
Along with online proofing, we also offer printed proofing. You can choose to purchase printed proofs with your print credit.
All About Albums
We offer two styles of albums. They are Coffee Table Albums and Elite Leather Albums.
The Coffee Table Album has a very modern and fun feel. The cover of the book can be anything…a solid color, a panoramic picture, or a collage of many pictures. Other features include:
- No gutter in the middle of the book, so photos can cross the middle of the book.
- The pages of the book are made of thick matte paper. This allows for very vibrant color and sharp image detail. It also prevents finger prints.
- When the book is opened, it lies completely flat as seen in the sample images below.
The Elite Leather Album is a handcrafted masterpiece features a traditional album feel with a very modern design. This book offers many cover options that will make your album one of a kind. This book also features:
- Thick pages that do not bend .
- Pages printed on photographic paper.
- Unique cover options, including a variety of leathers that look (and smell) great!
You can view the cost of your album by visiting the Album Ordering System. Simply select the style of album you want (Elite Leather or Coffee Table), then select the size, and the price will appear at the bottom. Remember that this is the ‘base’ price of the album. If your album requires extra spreads due to the number of pictures chosen, the price can increase. Extra cover options on the leather albums also increase the price. I will make sure you clearly understand the full price before anything is ordered.
To select the images you want to use in your wedding album, simply log into your online account, and click the “heart” icon under the images you want to add them to your favorites. When you are finished adding all of the images, send us an email to let us know.
If you have already added images to your favorites, and you don’t want to lose them, simply create a new account. Use this new account to select your “album” images. Instead of using your real name, use a name like:
First Name: Sally and Joe
Last Name: Album Choices
Make sure you let us know your “new” account name so we can find your favorites.
You can choose as many images as you want for your album, but remember, the more images you choose, the bigger you album will be, and the bigger the album, the more it will cost. The Elite Leather album comes with 10 spreads (left page to right page) included in the price. The Coffee Table books come with 15 spreads.
So, if you are ordering a Coffee Table book, and you want 100 photos in your book, there will be approximately 12 pictures per spread. If you want 50 pictures, there will be 3 or 4 pictures per spread. Spreads with fewer images ten to look “cleaner,” while spreads with many photos can look “busy.”
Here is an example of a “clean” spread:
Here is an example of a “busy” spread:
Now, I’m not saying that a busy spread is bad, nor is a clean spread best. It’s really your personal preference. If you like a clean look, choose fewer images. If you like a busier style, pick many images.
If there are many, many images you want included in your album, we can create an album set. Typically the first album contains the ceremony and formal pictures, and the second album contains the reception.
Yes! After we receive your album order (which you fill out and submit here), we will design your album. Upon completion, we will send you a digital proof. You can then look through the album online and add any comments/changes you may want. We will then make the changes and send you another proof. We will not print the album until you give the final “OK!”